I can hear fine, people just mumble a lot.
Normal signs of hearing loss
Granted, sometimes people mumble. But when everybody you have contact with mumbles all the time, it’s time to consider other possibilities. Below are some typical signs of a hearing loss.
- People who come to your house complain or make jokes about how loud the TV is.
- You often find yourself asking people to repeat themselves. Or you rely on someone close to you to repeat what others say. You may even get nervous when that person isn’t around to help.
- You have trouble understanding the person at the other end of the phone. You may even try to get off the phone faster because it’s frustrating.
- You find yourself participating less in conversations, even with family and good friends.
- You study people’s faces as they’re talking so you can fill in the gaps by reading their expressions, or lips.
- You’re becoming less social with family and friends.
- You get irritated with people when you can’t understand what they’re saying. You may even get down or depressed.