About hearing loss and our
online hearing test
Hearing loss is common. Globally, it affects one out of six people in the general population and one out of three people over the age of 65. The good news is that there are a wide range of hearing aid solutions that can help you enjoy life and hear the sounds that you love. This easy-to-do online hearing test will check your hearing and guide you to the next steps.
How the free online hearing test works
Before starting the online hearing test we need a few details about your gender and age and to make sure your sound settings are adjusted correctly.
- It is important to take the online hearing test in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed by other sounds.
- If possible, we recommend using headphones for the online hearing test, this will give more accurate results, as your left and right ear can be tested individually.
- Make sure the volume is on and set at a comfortable level.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have read and understood how we process your data, in accordance with applicable data privacy law, including the General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') by reading and accepting the updated privacy consent statement here.
- This online hearing test will help identify if you have hearing loss, by checking your ability to distinguish speech from background noise.
- You will hear different combinations of words and numbers, always in groups of three, with varying levels of background noise.
- Select the icons matching the three words you hear.
- If you miss any words, click on the replay button to have the last combination repeated.
- If you use hearing aids, we recommend that you remove them while taking the online hearing test.
Online hearing test results
The results of the online hearing test will indicate whether you have a potential hearing loss or not. If the online hearing test indicates that you may have hearing loss the next step is to schedule an appointment for a hearing test with a hearing care professional.